Learn more about Perth’s intriguing history and culture with this fascinating tour that digs into the region’s colonial and military heritage, as well as uncovering the secrets of its most infamous prison.
Meet with some locals and discover the quirky events that have shaped the city’s culture, architecture and people, from Perth to Fremantle and across to Rottnest Island.
Rottnest Island Historic ‘Train & Tunnels Tour’
Rottnest may be a holiday island now, but it was once a military outpost. Enjoy a lightning fast ocean crossing onboard our high-speed ferry before joining an island tour which showcases Rottnest’s military heritage. Ride the train to Oliver Hill to see the massive 9.2 inch diameter gun and tunnel system that was once Perth’s front line of defence. The tour includes morning tea and lunch.
- Return ferry fare
- Morning tea at Hillarys Boat Harbour before you depart
- Train and Tunnel Tour
- Lunch at Rottnest Lodge
Departure Location: Hillary’s Boat Harbour, Perth
Ferry departs Hillary’s :
Daily 7.30am, 10.00am, 3.00pm (30 Nov-24 Dec 2015)
Daily 7.30am, 10.00am,12.30pm, 5.00pm (26 Dec 2015-10 Jan 2016)
Daily 7.30am, 10.00am, 3.00pm, 6.00pm (11 Jan-25 April 2016)
Daily 7.30am, 10.00am (26 April-18 July 2016)
Ferry departs Rottnest:
Daily 8.30am, 2.00pm, 4.30pm, 7.00pm (Friday only)
NOTE: The 15/16 Season will run from the 5th December 2015 – 25th April 2016.
A City Way out West walking tour
Like many frontier cities, Perth has its share of folklore and storytelling. Join this fun city tour and revel in the tall-tales and true stories shared by the locals. Along the way you’ll discover the buzzing small bar scene and enjoy many quirky tales about the city’s history, culture and architecture as you discover what really makes this city tick.
- Discover the small evolving bar scene
- Explore the modern day and history of the Perth CBD
- A passionate and local tour guide
- A drink at the end of the tour at Rosie O’Grady’s
Start Time: 6.00pm daily
Duration: Approximately 2 hrs
Start Point: Perth Town Hall (cnr Barrack Street and Hay Street)
End Point: Northbridge Piazza (cnr Lake Street and James Street)
Perth, Fremantle, Tram & Prison Tour
Explore at your leisure with this fantastic hop-on hop-off tour taking in Perth, Fremantle, Kings Park Botanical Gardens and beautiful Cottesloe Beach. Enjoy a traditional fish and chips lunch at Fremantle’s famous Kailis’ Fish Market Café before visiting the notorious Fremantle Prison for either the ‘Doing Time’ or ‘Great Escapes’ tours. The convict-built prison tours provide a fascinating insight into grim life behind bars.
- Luxury coach travel
- Expert commentary
- Walk through the tree canopies on the Tree Top Walkway at Kings Park Botanic Garden
- Discover some of Perth City’s popular sights such as the WACA, Bell Tower, Perth Town Hall and St Georges Terrace
- View the famous coastline and Cottesloe Beach before travelling to Fremantle
- Visit the historical port town of Fremantle situated on the mouth of the Swan River and find a bargain at the markets (Fri, Sat, Sun only).
- Hop on Hop Off Tram Tour
- Prison Entry & Tour
- Lunch at Kallis Fish & Chips
Tour Departs:8.00am daily from Barrack Street Jetty, Perth
NOTE: Tour concludes at Barrack Street Jetty, there is no hotel drop-off available.